Time needed: 180 days.
To be eligible for a skilled migration you need to nominate an occupation that is present on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Regional Occupation List (ROL). In most cases the nominated occupation also needs to be relevant to your previous education and employment in order to receive a positive skills assessment.
View this article as a web story.
- Become familiar with the assessment process and check special cases.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment General
- Understand general requirements and find out what “Skilled date” is.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment Authorities
- Pay special attention to ANZSCO description of duties and the qualification level required for each occupation.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment ANZSCO
- Choose an occupation that is in demand in Australia and is relevant to your education and employment.
Learn more at: Skilled Occupation Lists
- Decide if you need a migration agent’s assistance or can do it yourself.
Read more at: Immigration Assistance
- Skills assessment for professional, managerial and trades occupations.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment Vetassess
- Skills assessment for information and communication technology occupations.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment ACS
- Skills assessment for financial industry occupations.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment CPAA
- Skills assessment for engineering occupations.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment EA
- Skills assessment for trades occupations.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment TRA
- Skills assessment for nursing and midwifery occupations.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment ANMAC
- Skills assessment for dentists.
boards of the states and territories of Australia, the Australian Dental Association and the Committee of Deans of Dental Schools in Australia. Under the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (NRAS), the ADC is the designated independent accreditation authority for the Australian dental professions by the Dental Board of Australia (DBA). As an assessing authority, the ADC is responsible for dentist and related occupations on the combined current list of eligible occupations.
Learn more at: Skills Assessment ADC
- Get a free assessment of your chances in skilled migration.
Complete assessment at: Professional Migration Eligibility