Time needed: 1080 days.
Skilled migration makes up almost 70% of the Australian permanent migration and its goal is to attract qualified specialists, managers and business people who will contribute to the growing Australian economy. If you are a qualified specialist or a trades person under 45 years of age, follow the 12 how-to steps to get a Skilled visa to Australia and make your dreams come true.
- Determine if you and members of your family meet health requirements.
Read more at: Health Requirements
- Determine if you and members of your family meet character requirements.
Read more at: Character Requirements
- Get a free assessment of your chances in skilled migration.
Complete assessment at: Professional Migration Eligibility
- Decide if you need a migration agent’s assistance or can do it yourself.
Read more at: Immigration Assistance
- Determine a suitable occupation that is relevant to your qualifications and work experience and is present on the MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL lists of the eligible skilled occupations.
Read more at: Skills Assessment General
- Calculate your likely score in points test.
Read more at: Points Test Changes
- Determine applicable assessing authority requirements and submit skills assessment application.
Read more at: Skills Assessment Authorities
- Pass an English language test and get a required score to meet English requirements.
Read more at: English Requirements
- Receive a positive skills assessment and submit an Expression of Interest.
Read more at: Expression of Interest
- Submit an application for state/territory or regional nomination if your occupation is on STSOL or ROL lists or if you just want to increase your chances.
Read more at: State Nomination General
- Receive an invitation to apply for a visa and submit your application.
Read more at: Visas Invitation Rounds
- Receive visa grant letter.
Read more at: Migration Flows and Policies