Personal information management by The Visas of OZ, ABN 78 804 270 743, is governed by the Australian Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles, and by the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016. This policy describes the way that The Visas of OZ collects, holds, discloses and protects personal information. This policy will be updated periodically, and the most recent version will be displayed on this website.
- request us to provide you with migration services
- contact us using the forms on our websites
- supply products or services to us
- apply for employment with us
To provide migration services to you we may need to collect and hold the following personal information:
- contact information about you including name, email address, telephone number and Skype ID
- additional general information about you, such as postal address, passport details, date of birth, employment history, educational qualifications, financial and taxation records, bank account details
- sensitive information about you, such as your family composition, criminal records or health information
We will only collect information about you when it is reasonably necessary and with your consent and will only use this information for legitimate purposes and when permissible under Australian law.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with the services you request.
- provide migration services to you or members of your family
- manage our relationships with you
- comply with our legal and professional obligations
We may also use your personal information to send you promotional material in relation to our services from time to time. If we do so, we will provide you with the option to opt-out of receiving this material.
On occasions, we may disclose your personal information to another person, such as experts, counsel and other professional advisers (usually to receive advice on your behalf), regulatory bodies or external service providers. When we do so, disclosure will be as permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles and/or with your consent if required.
We do not sell or trade personal information about you to or with third parties.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ to identify the areas of the website that you have visited. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. Cookies are used to personalise the content that you can see on our website.
We value the security and confidentiality of the personal information we collect and hold about you. We take all reasonable steps to protect all information we hold about you from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We protect the personal information we hold about you with physical, electronic and managerial procedures including:
- confidentiality agreements with our employees and contractors
- security measures for all information systems in use
- encryption of data at rest and during transmission
- periodic evaluation of information protection practices
We will retain your personal information while it is required for our business functions, or for any other lawful purpose. When we no longer need to retain your personal information for the purposes outlined above or as required by law, we will destroy or de-identify the information.
If you would like to do so, please contact our Privacy Officer, using the contact details below.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we handle your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details above. We will make every endeavour to respond to your request promptly.
If you are not satisfied with our response or we do not respond within 30 days, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.