Transit Visas

These visas let you stay in Australia for a short period of time the length of which depends on individual circumstances and the type of visa.

This visa lets you transit through Australia for no longer than 72 hours.​


  • either hold a booking and relevant documentation to enter another country, or
  • hold a Maritime crew visa and relevant crew documents.

This visa allows foreign crew on non-military ships on international voyages to:

  • enter Australia by sea


  • crew member of a ship that is not a military ship
  • the partner or dependent child of crew member

This authority allows air carriers to register their crew.


  • registered as crew by your air carrier
  • travelling on a commercial or chartered passenger flight, or cargo flight as an airline crew member
  • airline positioning crew member or aircraft safety inspector

Submit Eligibility Test form to receive a free migration advice via email.